ISB Election of the Executive Committee
The Executive Committee is composed of nine (9) members, each with a 3-year term. This year, there are five (5) open positions, as the terms of Alex Bateman, Terri Attwood, Marc Robinson-Rechavi, Melissa Haendel and Jennifer Harrow come to completion. The election will take place from September 16 - 23, 2015, through an online process (more details will soon follow). Elections run for one (1) week (Wednesday to Wednesday). We remind you that only members who have paid their registration fees by the time of the election (before September 21 to allow for processing of the payment) will be entitled to vote.
Candidates for the 2015 Election of the ISB Executive CommitteeThe list of candidates and their letters of intent can be found here: ISB Election Candidates 2015.
The Nominating Committee (NC)A Nominating Committee has been formed to oversee the electoral process, to review applications, and establish the final list of candidates. The members of the 2015 nominating committee are listed below, and we are very grateful for their assistance with the execution of the election:
- Pascale Gaudet, SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Switzerland
- Ruth Lovering, University College London, UK
- Zhiyong Lu, NIH/NLM/NCBI, USA
- Peter McQuilton, Oxford University, UK
- Weimin Zhu, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, China
Instructions to Candidates
- 1. If you would like to run for a position on the Executive Committee, you must first register your intent with the NC at isbelection-at-gmail.com
- 2. Submit a Statement of Intent where you outline your motivations to join the EC and your intended contributions to the group, and include a brief biographical sketch.
- 3. Complete a 'Conflict of Interests' statement describing any activities, memberships of other associations, editorial positions on journals, etc.
- Nominations will be received until 2 September, 2015.
- The NC will review all candidacies and share their selections with the ISB membership on 9 September, 2015.
- Voting will take place online over the course of one week on September 16 - 23, 2015. (More details soon).
- Only paying members with registration fees cleared on or before 23 September, 2015 will be entitled and allowed to vote. If you pay your registration via bank transfer, please allow at least 2-3 working days for the payment to be processed.