Welcome to the ISB
Welcome to the International Society for Biocuration's website. The (ISB) is a non-profit organisation for biocurators, developers, and researchers with an interest in biocuration. The society promotes the field of biocuration and provides a forum for information exchange through meetings and workshops.
- The election of the new ISB Executive Committee (EC) will be held in September. The Executive Committee is composed of nine (9) members, each with a 3-year term. Being a member of the Executive Committee is a great way to become directly involved with the work of our society, and contribute to the decisions that are taken on behalf of the biocuration community. We would like to encourage all members interested in running for election to get involved in the process. This year, there are five (5) open positions, as the terms of Alex Bateman, Terri Attwood, Marc Robinson-Rechavi, Melissa Haendel and Jennifer Harrow come to completion. For information about the electoral process, see ISB Executive Committee Election 2015.
- The list of candidates for the 2015 ISB Election is available at: ISB Election Candidates 2015.
- The 9th International Biocuration Conference will be held on April 10-14th, 2016 in Geneva, Switzerland. More details will follow in the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned !
- The ISB offers Micro-Grants for Regional ISB Meetings. ISB Micro-Grants are meant to sponsor local/regional short meetings of ISB members to synergize their work efforts, to generate a space to share your work, and to further help to advance the goals of the society. Micro-Grants are awarded in the amount of (US) $500 per group, and applications may be submitted at any time (i.e. no deadlines). For more details, see ISB Micro-Grants.
- Minutes from monthly ISB Executive Committee meeting are public. We welcome your input on the discussion topics and decisions made by the ISB Executive Committee.